I have a true confession I am no longer a blogger over 40, say what…. tis true and I have been fibbing for a year. In January I turned 51, so officially I should have moved into the hashtag #fashionover50 14 months ago. What does being a blogger over 50 really mean, is it different than 40? Is it really any different then 20?
OK not much different than 40 but a lot easier then 20 ( sounds strange but that is a post for another day I promise) for today it is all about 50.
I googled the what not to wear over 50 and ignoring the satirical articles stating nothing is forbidden there are a few “serious” posts out there, truly there are people who really believe age is a number to restrict you, there are real rules of what you should or should not be doing.So I thought I would attempt to take the rules apart and examine if you those reading this blog really believe there should be a restriction, Do I need to start dressing age appropriately.
The ten things we should stop wearing ( and the age we should stop will be included because apparently it is not just 50 that is at issue apparently any woman over 30 needs to smarten up:
1) Message T Shirts, apparently after age 30 we need to replace message tees wih classic plain colour T Shirts: ( oops that is me in a message t shirt)
2) Pack away the trendy denim including skinnies, boyfriends and distressed Age 35 is the recommended moving to classic non trendy looks( well I think that is me in trendy distressed boyfriends and damn a message tshirt again)
3) Costume shoes ( which includes over the knee boots but apparently these are ok till your mid 40’s
( good lord I don’t listen to anything and I think that skirt is to short)
4) Micro Minis at age 40 should be packed away, OK seriously micro??? I think that is size appropriate not age appropriate but I came close to breaking this one many a time
5) Excessive cleavage is apparently Ok till 50 so I just missed this one ( and it is one I rarely do except under item 7.
6) Ribbed white tanks should not be purchased after 40, I really should have stayed in the 40’s blogger club.
7) Hair Gadgets are a no no after 30, I can’t wear head bands but I am thinking my braids probably fall under this one ( and oops cleavage)
8) Large Hobo Bags – well again at 50 no longer appropriate so I guess i will be tossing all my bags ( no pics because I realized I do not often take bag pics, need to work on that oops maybe not till I get new classic age appropriate bags.
9)Cheap underwear is a no no after age 35, well sorry article I like the bras at Target ( again no picture just trust me ok)
10) say goodbye to loud accessories after age 35 ( and I think all my nail polishes, statement necklaces, hats etc all may fall into this area.) and hey does anyone think sequin pants may be under this category???
So I have failed at the following the rules, anyone else with me in thinking these rules need to go the same place, no white after labour day, and don’t mix patterns went…. back in the history vault for things not to redo??
linking with Tara
,and Wore to work
, Lisa Thursday Files
. Sydney Fashion Hunter The Stylish Housewife
, Red Cliffe
, Red Closet
, Maybe I Will
, Sincerely Jenna Marie
Now onto Thursday Fun and a Labour of fashion link up.
If you are linking up today, my only request is that you follow my blog with GFC Bloglovin’ or Facebook and link back to it in your post
go meet some new friends!