Cruise Packing List
1) Swim wear/bathing suits – now this is a non brainer right, everyone assumes you will need something to paddle around in the water, but this is meant to reassure you that anything goes, really if you want to wear a two piece, embrace it. I do. Cruise Ships are made for swimsuits
2) Cover-up(s) the rule of the day is a cover up is great for anything, for sea days its prudent to have a cover up so that you can head into the buffet or restaurant without having to head back to the room. Cover Ups are also perfect for in shore activities. You can leave the Cruise ship with only your cover-up on and it is perfectly acceptable.
3) If you plan any excursions then you will need a casual day outfit, sundress, shorts and a tee.and for this particular item a one of actually will do because you are most likely not seeing the same people every day and unless you have excursions planned that involve tours you will not be wearing the outfit everyday.
4) Long dress/Cocktail dress for Cruise Elegant night ( check many cruises actually have two elegant nights so you may want to pack an extra.
Cruise Wear Continued
5) Attire for the other few nights, for me this entails still cocktail dresses but many people do go for a more casual “Day Dressy” look. For this item my recommendation is, if you plan on eating at the sit down restaurant ( which I highly recommend) it is a great occasion to still dress up
6) Footwear- flip-flops/sandals, a dressy shoe and a sneaker/loafer/tennis shoe ( now if you have planned hiking excursions adjust accordingly but I am on a leisure vacation so just a comfortable walking show
9) rain poncho ( dollar store variety that you can just take anywhere. You never know when a rain shower may hit and why let a little wet dampen the mood, its not like its cold. Plus the poncho can be used to keep your belongings dry.
My 10 Essential Items for Cruise wear, My Cruise Packing List