Last Updated on 2018-08-10 by Linda
White Bedroom and White Kitchen envy, that is my burden to bear. Honestly it is the one thing I never expected to hit me when I entered the blogging world. And then with the increase in Instagram, I am not hit from every side, Perfect White Rooms everywhere I look. Tell me I am not the only one? Actually sometimes when I am blogging I do feel like I am the only person to not have a white kitchen or a white bedroom. True confession I sort of do have a white bedroom now. Kent went away for a weekend and I went reno happy ( or shopping happy) and switched it to a basic white room. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to convert the bedroom with no paint not hammer required. A few items was all it took to make me feel less blogger envious. I do keep adding to the decor and this year even knit my own Chunky Knit Throw in gray.
10 Items you Need for a White Bedroom Reno
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. What this means is that if you click over to one of the provided links (Amazon) and purchase something, I get a small commission at no added cost to you. Thanks for supporting A Labour of Life!
SoI bet you are wondering exactly what do you need to convert your bedroom to a White Oasis? Well let’s start with:
- White Sheets – This sounds to easy but trust me, ordering a set of 6 Piece Bamboo Sheet Set will start the transformation. I personally am a fan of the bamboo but maybe you want percale or egyptian cotton. What ever makes you feel the best of fits your budget. These were under $30.00
- Next up Comforter/duvet or bedspread, your call. In my room I was lucky enough to find a bed in the bag including accent pillows for under 100.00. A quick Amazon search showed a lot of great options under 70.00 like this Utopia Comforter
- Textures are important for creating interest , Pillows help here. I would always recommend a Faux Fur Pillow
- Or even less expensive a Plush Faux Fur Pillow Cover
- A love a bit of gold mixed in with my white, or even a dark grey or blush, so look for an inexpensive pillow with a bit of interest. Gold Pineapples maybe or a Pineapple Pillow
- I seriously have not seen a blogger room especially a bedroom without a Chunky Throw. I mean Instagram heaven right? So small bit of caution there are some amazing options out there but be very careful and watch the size you are ordering. I found an a amazingly reasonally prized Chunky Throw but noticed it is actually 24 by 24 ( inches) . If you want a full size throw you are looking at 300.00 or if you knit like me, keep an eye out for wool sales and make your own for less than 50.00.
- No room is complete without a fun rug, this is where you can opt to stay neutral or add colour. I personally am still on the stick to white but add texture. Affordable area rugs are popping up everywhere, I love this White Rug
- A Sheepskin Throw is a fun addition to a chair, the end of your bed or a bench.
- White accent lamps for beside the bed are great. Mine are white ceramic I found at Target but I am seriously thinking of ordering this under 40.00 beauty Feather Lamp
- Finally little accents, candles anything white you can find around the house. I have a few ceramic fruit that I stole from the kitchen and living room but Amazon or Ikea can be your best friend for this one. Look at this Pineapple planter. It is perfect for blending yet adding light, life and colour into your room.
Other Accents you can add
Painting the walls can instantly change the look of your room. I left mine yellow but I am seriously leaning towards new paint. Adding in wood trim and of course wall Art. The bonus about white based wall art you can make t yourself. Buy used frames and paint them white or gold. Use stock paper with quotes, add silhouettes all inexpensive additions you can try on your own.
Feeling adventurous? Ready to tackle a room change? Let me know if you try it and tag me in your Insta Pic.