Last Updated on 2023-06-27 by Linda
Moving to Ontario has truly opened up a whole new world of fun and adventure. Truly does not matter food, music, crafts, drink or any topic you can think of it’s happening here.
. I know it can be overwhelming at times trying to figure out what is actually happening and going on. To make your life easy I have created a 10 Must See list for a variety of Music Festivals available locally to you.
Just tag the post or print the post and you have a schedule of events at your fingertips for Summer 2017.Looking for more than just music? Check out the 10 Best Food and Drink Festivals. or 10 Best International Festivals in Ottawa
Let’s get started shall we. Ottawa is renowned for it’s music festivals so let’s explore the ten I have picked for you for this summer. Please note I have used three photographs from the best music Photographer I know, Steve Gerecke is not only a great friend but an amazing photographer
- Latin Sparks– Canada’s largest Latin dance party brings together 4,000 people from across Ontario and Quebec for a night of Latin dancing outdoors under the stars.Where? Albert Island (beside LeBreton Flats) in downtown Ottawa When? Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM
- Scene Canada 1000 ARTISTS. 100 EVENTS. 1 FESTIVAL. CANADA SCENE is a living portrait – a daring, eclectic reflection of contemporary Canadian arts and culture.The festival will bring together artists from across our country in music, theatre, dance, visual and media arts, film, circus, culinary arts and more for an extraordinary national celebration. The festival will shine a spotlight on iconic artists who inspire us, dynamic artists who challenge us, and the diverse cultures that bring us together. June 15-July 23, 2017
- Festival Franco-Ontario– For more than 40 years, le Festival Franco-Ontarien is one of the most important “unifying” forces of the Francophonie in the National Capital Region. Over the years, he has earned a prominent place in the cultural landscape and was a single annual gathering to celebrate the vitality of the regional, provincial, national and international Francophonie. June 15-17, 2017
- Music and Beyond –Music and Beyond is virtually unique in the international field of music festivals. By tying together a wide range of cultural disciplines, the festival creates a more “festive” atmosphere, helping to attract an even broader audience to music. July 4-17, 2017
- International Chamber The mandate of Ottawa Chamber Music Society (OCMS) is to make classical music accessible to everyone. Through artistic expression and audience engagement, Ottawa Chamber Music Society creates experiences that challenge and stimulate listeners while offering time for reflection and regeneration. -July 22-August 4, 2017
- TD JazzFest The Ottawa International Jazz Festival is the premier music event to take place in downtown Ottawa and we are proud to be part of the continuing tradition of bringing jazz to the National Capital Region. Set on a bold path, trailblazing the most dynamic programming and innovations the Festival continues to present the finest musicians from across Canada and around the world in all genres and inspirations of Jazz. June 22-July 2, 2017
- RBC Bluesfest In the world of mega-festivals and a multitude of fledgling festivals, the RBC Bluesfest has maintained its stature as an incredibly popular music event by sticking to its diverse roots. From Alessia Cara to Zeds Dead — with hundreds of other acts included in the mix — the multi-stage, multi-genre event featured more than 220 acts in 2016. There was world-class representation of every style of modern music from blues, rock and pop, to indie and more. Once again, hundreds of thousands of music fans from all walks of life were singing the festival’s praises. July 6-16, 2017
- CityFolk Located at Lansdowne Park, CityFolk (formerly known as the Ottawa Folk Festival) is a four-day celebration of music, dance, and community featuring an eclectic mix of musical performances on multiple stages. The BSOMA KidZone offers special children’s and family performances on Saturday & Sunday 1-6PM. Aberdeen Pavilion offers a Craft Beer Fair, artisan and craft vendors, and much, much more. September 13-17, 2017
- Fringe An open-access festival where 100% of ticket sales go to the artists. Nobody curates the Ottawa Fringe Festival. Ottawa Fringe rents the venues and programs the festival by lottery. Every show is independently produced and more artists get into the program by submitting a Bring Your Own Venue show. Since 1997, the Ottawa Fringe Festival has returned more than $1.62 million to independent artists.
- JamDay JAMDAY is a wonderful opportunity to experience the rich culture of Jamaica through reggae music, folk dances, songs, stories, delicious Jamaican cuisine, games and much more. World-class artists live from Jamaica and local artists will be featured. This one of a kind event will be packed with fun and enjoyment for the whole family. August 12, 2017
What are you waiting for, start marking that calendar. These are amazing events you do not want to miss