It is the holiday season and I am a holiday baker so I figured it was time to start posting some Baking Posts. So without a word of a lie, tonight when we got home from work I started my baking while Kent was cooking supper.
First off the block ( or out of the book/recipe Box) Swedish Strips, Kents favourite. Figured if he was cooking yummy Tacos for supper I could start with cookies he loves.
These are very easy and very yummy and make very little mess, now that is what I would refer to as a win-win.
1 c butter ( can use shortening but I never do, not for Christmas Baking) 1 tsp vanilla (mexican is the best)
1 c brown sugar ( packed) 1 tsp salt ( i use sea salt)
1 egg 2 1/2 c flour
3) slowly add flour ( I find it better to add last cup of flour by mixing by hand, just my preference)
4) Place cookie dough on 10 x 15 cookie sheet ( no need to grease but I like to use parchment paper.
press flat to fill pan, bake in oven 12-15 minutes at 350.
5) Get topping ingredients ready
1 1/2 c Raspberry Jam ( or as much or as little as you need to cover the dough
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 tbsp coconut shredded
6) Remove cookie paste and let cool for 10 minutes then spread the jam while base is still warm.
sprinkle nuts over jam, sprinkle coconut and then sprinkle icing sugar.
7) Let cool and then cut into strips, 1 inch by 3 inches and enjoy.
note if you prefer to use a 12 x 17 inch pan add:
1/3 c butter
1/3 c sugar
1/3 tsp vanilla
1/3 tsp salt
3/4 c flour