It’s Wednesday, hump day, random Day and if you work for the government PAYDAY. I always have to be that glass half full person. The randomness of the day and the fact that it is still frigid temperatures outside so I turned to thoughts of junk food, (Don’t we all) and if you happen to live on the East Coast of Canada being hit with a major Winter Storm ( in spring no less) what better way to spend a snow day…am I right)
Today i bring you JUNK FOOD in all its Glory
1) Smarties and in Canada these are chocolate.( When you eat your smarties, do you eat the red ones last, do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast…. I do not know a Canadian that does not know this song) Smarties, our answer to M & M’s
2) Coffe Crisp – How do you like your coffee? CRISP, as famous as “Where’s the Beef” here in Canada
( Fun fact a petition in the US to bring the chocolate bar there was successful in 2006 but then they stopped it in 2009)
3) Caramilk Bar- How do you get that caramel in the caramilk Bar? The secret is forever being sought
4) Crispy Crunch – The only thing better than your Crispy Crunch is someone else’s…
5) Ketchup Chips – we do love our ketchup ( did you know one of the new Canadian Flavours, Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ketchup, cuz nothing is better then dipping that sandwich in Heinz)
6) Kinder Eggs – ( Banned in the US) Each Kinder Surprise egg consists of a chocolate shell, a plastic capsule, the contents of said capsule, and an external foil wrap. ( not a Canadian Original, Italy takes credit for this one, but available widely in our nation)
7) Maynards Cherry Blasters- similar brands in the US but Maynard’s is the best
8) Wagon Wheels – who didn’t grow up eating these???? It’s so big you gotta grin to get it in.
9) Crush Cream Soda (That’s the actual name and only time we call Pop- soda) Pink pop in a pink can
10) and saving the best for last for Me Diet Pepsi Lime- I used to have to buy this in the good ole US of A, then they stopped making it, and the outcry must have been loud enough in Canada that they brought it back,
So if you are not in Canada, have I managed to convince you of the benefits of a visit???? Stay tuned for future Canadiana posts that will be featuring foods, sights and special things that we have.
For now I jump over to my OOTD because what’s a post without an outfit right???
Featuring a cute little dress from Old Navy, some textured hose( also Old navy) and some purple shoes Wild Diva’s from Go Jane, necklace is Vanheusen.
Here is a Flash vs No Flash comparison