See this very plain, simple outfit I am wearing, true you have seen all these pieces so I am sure you are like what the heck, not very original here Linda, Well this is a warm/cool weather shopping outfit.
So a key points to always remember
1) dress for in and out of stores, bulk is not comfortable. several light layers ensure you can weather what ever temperature the stores and Mother Nature throw at you.
2) dress to ensure you do not have to wait for dressing rooms, who wants to waste crucial time waiting, seriously bargains have been lost over far less, always wear a Tank layered under a light- weight sweater/cardi/jacket. This was you can try the sweater/blouse/scarf without a dressing room, why waste valuable shopping time is my moto.
3) shoes are key, not only do they need to be comfortable, if they slip easily on and off, no wasting time. Seriously stopping to tie and untie shoes, remove socks, all added time wasters. That perfect dress at an amazing price may slip through your fingers because you are tying shoes and me I am already on to the next store.
4) Contacts and sunglasses, on this I am torn, wearing my contacts is great for tring on sunglasses and glasses but true confession I look older because the eyes are truly out there in all their wrinkled glory and gosh darn price tags are written in a font size that should be illegal.
5) Finally no big jewellery because this will cause a distraction and be an inconvenience if you need to remove to try on clothes, add a scarf, easy on, easy off ( and for some reason I did not get a picture of my scarf ( OK maybe because I actually did not wear one out but I did find one at J Crew that I then wore all day.
So my perfect shopping outfit, my navy Tommy 1) Tank layered under my Banana Republic Mesh 2) Cardi, a pair of J Crew Plaid Shorts and my 3) Toms. Add Forever 21 sunglasses and a simple pair of silver 4) earrings.
PS Ignore the hair which went through various stages of up and down all day because apparently I forgot to read the notice that said planned power outage for just when I wanted to dry my hair, oops.