So no big surprise if you follow me on Instagram, twitter, facebook, heck if ya follow me at all on anything then you know I have been travelling lately. Pennsylvania, Whitehorse, Yellowknife, heck i even stayed the weekend in a Hotel in my hometown of Ottawa.. well the more I travel the more ticked I get a travelers and airlines. So today because I do not have any real awesome outfit pics
( come on peeps I was in an airport/plane and hotel all day) I decided to tell you a few things that kind of bother me.( and I would love to hear from you as to what you think of my ” issues” and are there any I am forgetting….
So in random order:
1) Sweatpants/yoga pants…. what has happened to any sense of fashion while traveling… I am sorry it is not ok to wear sweatpants wile traveling, they are not pretty, you do not look attractive and seriously folks take a little pride in your appearance.. and why is it that most people who wear yoga pants while traveling have probably never ever, ever held a yoga pose???? Yes this may seem harsh butthere are many attractive comfortable outfits… seriously if you go to the office and sit in a chair in decent attire why would you think a plane is any different
2) Fellow passengers, do you know what a “liquid” is??? not a solid, not a gas, L-I-Q-U-I-D… Seriously its only been what 9 years since they implemented that rule…( Actually August 2006 but whos counting right) I know maybe this is your first time flying and maybe you can’t read and you don’t understand what all those signs mean that have bottles with an “x” through them.. but wait no this isn’t your first time, you just think you should be able to bring the water bottle, and the full bottle of shampoo and every liquid you own through because you are totally trustworthy. I really cannot believe how many people slow up the entire process because they are carrying liquids in their carry on..
3) Seat stealers… OK it is not my problem that you did not check in early or did not get the seat you wanted, this is my friggin seat…. If I can get to the airport on time to get a seat then so can you.. and no your middle is not equal to my aisle or window, learn to deal…
4) lost luggage and airline rules…. I am not allowed to travel or catch an earlier flight if I have luggage, my bag MUST be on the same plane as me… so how then does my luggage not make it?? Its OK for you to take my bags off the plane or forget them… Does that make any sense, if a bag must travel with a passenger then should you not have to be more careful and make sure that happens….
and my final
5) Bags in the cabin.. I do not carry bags on the plane if at all possible and I seriously get pissed when I get to me seat and the overhead is already full…. there are so many things wrong with this…if you do not have room at your seat you think its Ok to take my space??? Why don’t the airlines make you keep your luggage at your seat and if it doesn’t fit then it gets checked. or new rule, if you check your bag no charge but if you carry a suitcase on the plane you get charged. How about those passengers that dump their bag at the front taking my overhead bin and then I have to place stuff at the back, does that make sense, NO I did not think so.
Honestly folks doesn’t it perplex you the rules of airlines??? I get penalized if I check a bag but you get rewarded by carrying your life onto the plane, have you ever seen a passenger not allowed to carry bags into the cabin.. no, but I get friggin charged for trying to be considerate. You can leave your bag at my seat meaning you are not even in control of said bag but that’s ok. Airlines are a paradox. They no longer serve free food but if you are hungry then you have to use a credit card because they do not want to accept cash, WHAT, no cash ( or maybe that is just Air Canada) So I am expected to use a credit card for a chocolate bar, hmmmm, Maybe its time I stayed home for a week or two and let the frustrations ease away…..
So for me, No I carry a purse and a small bag with a magazine and my Ipad, I don’t wear sweatpants and I don’t carry liquids so yea I can preach a little bit.
My go to is usually Jeans/ Sweater and Boots…. add a scarf to use as a blanket if cold and I am good to go. You may recall this sweater from last week but it is the perfect travel accessory, this week I brought my skinnies ( instead of B/F) and tall boots vs Booties. ( and how about that awesome Kate Spade Popcorn Tote, it is perfect….
I arrived in Yellowknife so yea Selfie…..
So spill folks, got any travel pet peeves?? or what is your go to travel outfit????
Linking with Stylin Transatlantic DeClaire, Glossy Blond, Induffintely, Myriad and StyleElixir and shopping my closet