“Fall Back” is that time of year that the clocks roll back and you think you are getting an extra hour in your day but really why then am I as tired as ” Spring Forward” when we lose an hour. I think its because it gets dark so, so, so early. I sit here and by 8:30 I am thinking is it time for bed it has been dark for so many hours that my little brain is tricked into believing that it is bed time. ( and I say little brain not to be mean to myself but just as a means of expressing how I feel at the moment)
So in an attempt to retrain my brain and start thinking positive thoughts I am going to think of awesome things, to be precise ten (10) awesome things that bring a smile to my face and a happy feeling in my heart:
1) It is almost Christmas time, the shelves are being stocked with awesome christmassy goodness and how can one not smile about Christmas right??? Walking into Michael s and seeing all those crafting supplies…thinking of projects I need to try.. Milk bottle crafts for me this year.
2) My new cat crawling into my lap, wow, she can lay there for hours and then when she wakes she always has kisses to share,
3) Christmas music, I found two new Christmas CD’s that I didn’t have yet… I adore Christmas music and think nothing of wondering around the house singing my little heart out.
4) Christmas is my excuse for playing this video
over and over again.
5) Getting snail mail and parcels, I love getting parcels in the mail, its like Christmas morning all year long when parcels arrive. Friday it was three pairs of shoes from Shoe Dazzle, today a sweater and necklace from lookbook
6) Getting selected for a campaign or something free, I am still so new that everytime this happens I get a huge smile on my face, my opinion matters….
7) Christmas smells, cinnamon and cloves, a hint of orange, fresh vanilla, gingerbread all those awesome smells that come out this time of year in the form of candles.
8) Lets not forget last Friday opening the door to the awesomeness of little ones trick or treating
9) Fall colours, the leaves are still in their awe inspiring moment, although the winds lately are doing their best to hurry things along but for today the awesome colours of fall still remain
10) Fall Fashions, sweaters and tights and boots and scarves…. i hate the cold but I do love fall fashions. which leads me too… my OOTD,
A dress I found last year at Banana Republic, how amazing is this pattern??? add some colourful tights my new shoes from ShoeDazzle and I am set. Graphic necklace purchased at the airport and a Boyfriend Cardigan from Old Navy
and true to form I do not usually wear my heels outside so my Black Boots from GH Bass were a perfect addition, along with a black scarf and I was set for my workday commute.