Sometimes I move slowly in the morning especially without my tea, today was one of those days. I needed my tea not just a sip I needed all of it. …. so No I am not putting this down until I am finished.
OK, well what is your go to morning drink.. I used to be a huge coffee drinker but then I developed severe stomach problems and had to give it up, black tea ( or Orange Pekoe) does not bother me as much and I swill this stuff like there is no tomorrow. I use my Coffee Maker to brew a full pot so when I wake up it is ready. I drink my cup when I am getting ready, a large cup in the car on the way to work and then a full thermos during the morning and then I switch to water till I get home, then Diet Pepsi is my friend. Yea I think you could say I have an addiction to caffeine. But we all have our bad habits right? Plus I gave up biting my nails and smoking so move on folks no more giving up for me, This gal is no quitter, except sometimes.
Today I am back to work after a week in Yellowknife and then a long weekend…. and what a great long weekend it was, temperatures are true summer and I am embracing it, We opened the pool, trimmed the hedge and got the gardening done. Check my personal facebook for awesome backyard pics but I will post soon here too I promise)
Dress from Old Navy (similar )which I have worn before with the booties, but today I added the vest and my necklace and bracelet(similar) from Lia Sophia. ( mug by the way is from Home Outfitters LOL)
Going Braid casual, I have been french braiding my hair since long before it became fashionable, on a serious not when I was 14 I thought I was going to be a hairdresser so fascinated was I by all things hair related. I still love playing with hair just for some reason I am normally to lazy in the morning.
And look I can almost smile for real again especially with cup in hand
So after a long weekend spent not blogging I thought I should do a check in, meaning I haven’t had time for pics or posts so lets play re-do old posts and search the blog for inspiration. Two years ago I read a post about ten things I wanted for myself and I created my own list so today I thought I would check and see how I actually did.
10 Things I want for Me:
1)I want this car or something similar just because. ( Still waiting)
2) Meet some fabulous ladies I have met online ( woohoo actually meet one, hopefully more to follow)
3) Go on Blogamacation and not think twice about it ( oops it got kind of cancelled so that would be a NO)
4) Create an income for my blog or at least reach the point where I am contacted by companies wanting me to work with them, be the person contacted to attend opening and get the other awesome invites I see circulating around. ( making a little bt but still waiting for fantastic invites to events, come on Ottawa give a blogger a chance)
5) Resume my work outs I have been way to lazy on this one. ( real oops here, still lazy but now I am feeling pudgy so, lets get started)
6) Visit Australia ( moved up my list because Carly is there now), then Ireland and Scotland, Italy, Wales, Spain ( been to Caribbean a lot but not overseas yet)
7) Take a River Cruise in Europe. ( took the Caribbean ones instead but still want tot try this one)
8) Get bold with my hair, either cut it or colour it I am such a chicken.Maybe tonight though…..( well I went red for a whole year so yea did this one)
9) Learn to manage my clothing and accessories,I totally stole her planner ( HERE
.) I have to learn to appreciate what i have more ( still a work in progress)
10) Attend a few awesome blog conferences, especially Lucky Fabb ( sounds so great) ( attended Sparks, Blissdon and BConnected twice, and now I am addicted)
Do you go back and re-read old posts? Do you update content with better pictures? How do you pre-plan for long weekends after you have been in non blogging territory a week before? Yellowknife has not been kind to me for taking outfit pictures and it has basically drained my supply. Now I am back so let the outfits resume.