Last Updated on 2020-02-09 by Linda
Garlic Soup with Cream
The recipe is relatively easy to make and everyone will swear that you have hired a gourmet chef. Its the soup intended to impress at all levels. It doesn’t require a ton of ingredients Garlic, Honey, potatoes, chicken broth, cream, butter, bay leaves and Salt and pepper. Take your time and smell the deliciousness wafting through the house.
The secret ingredient is the honeyed garlic cloves, the 12 roasted cloves rolled in honey are the perfect topper for the soup, big tip take a picture fast because they sink quickly to the bottom, I was too slow and too hungry to try again. I am feeling really generous so I have included the amazing recipe below. Try it out and let me know what you think.
They really are totally leak proof, I took the soup for lunch and no spillage, no leakage and the microwave at work personally thank me when I was finished. I usually am the splatter gal but not this time. With the Rubbermaid Brilliance I now can agree with total confidence to take gourmet soup to our next dinner party. ( and are you kidding me in these containers who wouldn’t want to take them and show them off)
- 40 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 whole onions
- 3 whole yukon gold potatos
- 1 bay leave
- 3 c chicken broth
- 2 c cream 35%
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 c)
- In a 4 c baking dish melt the 2 tbsp butter, add the garlic salt and pepper, bake 15-20 minutes ( stir halfway, garlic should be tender and golden brown)
- Toss 12 cloves of the garlic with the honey and set aside
- .In large pot, add remaining butter, add onion reduce heat to medium low and cover ( stir occasionally, 10 min)
- Uncover, stir often for 5 minutes, add potatoes, thyme, bay leave and remaining garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and 1 c cream, bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes ( or until potatoes are tender).Remove heat let stand 10 minutes to cool,
- Remove thyme and bay leaf. Blend mixture until smooth, stir in remaining cream and bring to simmer.Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with reserved honey roasted Garlic