Last Updated on 2021-07-09 by Linda
As I sit here in Yellowknife, fingers crossed maybe tonight I will see the ever elusive Northern Lights I thought I would plan a celebratory snack. OK truth be told I am waiting for the lights, hoping and praying I finally see them but I needed to fill in a few hours. The perfect viewing time is close to midnight so what to do to stay awake? Dream of Homemade Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Pie of course.
Homemade Brownie Cheesecake Pie
Continuing in my As Seen on Facebook series I am a tad late in sharing this amazing cheesecake. I believe Kent and I both saw this in our respective feeds this summer and just had to try it. Amending it slightly because well that is what I do. The original recipe had a glaze, used heavy cream and extra cream cheese. My adaptation I think is just as tasty. The Recipe Rebel shared this amazing Brownie Pie and I just needed to try it. Mine is as per usual a slightly different version.
Is your mouth not watering just looking at this decadent dessert?
Am I the only person that falls in love with a recipe on Facebook and then changes it? Honestly the whole point of finding recipe inspiration is to test it out right? So why is it that I seem to not be able to follow simple directions or instructions and adapt the recipe. Just once I need to follow it specifically. Possibly I should say #asinspiredbyfacebook not #asseenonfacebook.
The Brownie Cheesecake is another example of me loving the look, getting hungry and saving a video. Only to go back and feel that I can do it better.
Maybe that is really what it is all about, being inspired and then creating your own concoction.
What you will need for the Pie
Five simple ingredients and no oven required. How amazing does that sound. Plus if you are like me you stock most of these ingredients so you can whip this up easily. Company drops in unexpectedly and you can have a dessert ready in minutes.
- Cream cheese
- cool whip
- sugar ( I am thinking of trying a pie without this ingredient next time)
- plus a whole box of brownie mix.
- graham crust
This is one of those Mom said don’t eat the batter raw, instead, eat it unmixed.
Step by Step no bake Cheesecake Directions
- blend the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together
- add cool whip and gently fold
- mix in brownie mix
- pour mixture in the premade graham crust (or make your own)
- refrigerate for a few hours
- serve (add whip cream as garnish)
You might want to try the NO Bake Rainbow Bits Cheesecake, similar recipe but oh so Easter pretty
Homemade Brownie Cheesecake Pie
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs 225g
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 18 oz cream cheese softened (I use light) 2 packages
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- container cool whip
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 box brownie mix
Prepare a 9-inch pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray
- In a separate medium-size bowl, pour the melted butter into the cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left. Pour the crumbs into your pie plate, firmly press
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar into the cream cheese while beating the mixture.add vanilla extract. Beat until the filling is smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed. add in cool whip
- add the dry brownie mix, beating on medium speed until the dry mix is completely blended into the cream cheese. mixture
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until the filling is firm.
- add a dollop of whip cream or cool whip to top
Lizet Flores de Bowen says
That is just so delicious! I’ll make as soon as possible. Love the plates too 🙂
It is so very easy to make. A decadent dessert one can make in just minutes
that looks really good! i think the last time i made homemade pies was like years ago! made me miss it those times.
This one is quick and easy. May I offer apologies that I am so slack in commenting lately. Sometimes something has to give and lately its been commenting so I can at least keep visiting your blog. I will get better I promise
Blair Villanueva says
What a delicious brownies! How I wish to learn this recipe, thanks for your generosity.
it is very simple to make I promise
Lavanda Williams says
Such a wonderful post. Looks so delicious, I will definitely try it out. Thanks for sharing!
You are bringing together the best of both worlds. My son loves brownies and I love cheesecake.
and he can help you make it, it is that easy. May I offer apologies that I am so slack in commenting lately. Sometimes something has to give and lately its been commenting so I can at least keep visiting your blog. I will get better I promise
Oh my goodness, YES!!!! I want it all right now!! I love when two of my favorite things are combined and I particularly love dessert lol Pinning this, thank you!!
May I offer apologies that I am so slack in commenting lately. Sometimes something has to give and lately its been commenting so I can at least keep visiting your blog. I will get better I promise let me know if you make this, would love to hear how it turned out
Amy's Fashion Blog says
love that this is super easy to make.
really is, let me know if you try it