As I sit here in Yellowknife, fingers crossed maybe tonight I will see the ever elusive Northern Lights I thought I would plan a celebratory snack. OK truth be told I am waiting for the lights, hoping and praying I finally see them but I needed to fill in a few hours. The perfect viewing time is close to midnight so what to do to stay awake? Dream of Homemade Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Pie of course.
Homemade Brownie Cheesecake Pie
Continuing in my As Seen on Facebook series I am a tad late in sharing this amazing cheesecake. I believe Kent and I both saw this in our respective feeds this summer and just had to try it. Amending it slightly because well that is what I do. The original recipe had a glaze, used heavy cream and extra cream cheese. My adaptation I think is just as tasty. The Recipe Rebel shared this amazing Brownie Pie and I just needed to try it. Mine is as per usual a slightly different version.
Is your mouth not watering just looking at this decadent dessert?
Am I the only person that falls in love with a recipe on Facebook and then changes it? Honestly the whole point of finding recipe inspiration is to test it out right? So why is it that I seem to not be able to follow simple directions or instructions and adapt the recipe. Just once I need to follow it specifically. Possibly I should say #asinspiredbyfacebook not #asseenonfacebook.
The Brownie Cheesecake is another example of me loving the look, getting hungry and saving a video. Only to go back and feel that I can do it better.
Maybe that is really what it is all about, being inspired and then creating your own concoction.
What you will need for the Pie
Five simple ingredients and no oven required. How amazing does that sound. Plus if you are like me you stock most of these ingredients so you can whip this up easily. Company drops in unexpectedly and you can have a dessert ready in minutes.
sugar ( I am thinking of trying a pie without this ingredient next time)
plus a whole box of brownie mix.
This is one of those Mom said don’t eat the batter raw, instead, eat it unmixed.
Step by Step no bake Cheesecake Directions
- blend the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together
- add cool whip and gently fold
- mix in brownie mix
- pour mixture in the premade graham crust (or make your own)
- refrigerate for a few hours
- serve (add whip cream as garnish)
Homemade Brownie Cheesecake Pie
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs 225g
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
Prepare a 9-inch pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray
- In a separate medium-size bowl, pour the melted butter into the cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left. Pour the crumbs into your pie plate, firmly press
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar into the cream cheese while beating the mixture.add vanilla extract. Beat until the filling is smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed. add in cool whip
- add the dry brownie mix, beating on medium speed until the dry mix is completely blended into the cream cheese. mixture
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until the filling is firm.
- add a dollop of whip cream or cool whip to top