This weekend I set out to either prove or disprove a few recipe ideas. I wanted to see if it really was possible. With practice I could probably video as cleanly as they do but that is currently beyond my reach but I will tell you both recipes I tried this weekend were truly quite simple.
Bailey Cookies and Cream Dessert Mousse
Today I decided to try the Bailey’s Cookies and Cream Mousse Parfait and wow not only easy to make but so very, very tasty. I wish my pictures looked as great as the pinterest post where I found this recipe but alas my adaptation requires a bit more work for better pics. I decided to go for a different serving style. Remember my Taco Bar? Well I really wanted to try a dessert bowl after seeing a fellow bloggers ice cream bowls, so I picked up a few bowls..and brushed them with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon and baked them for 9 minutes at 350. ( in the future i will only brush the inside not both the inside and outside and make sure I place a weight inside to keep them shaped)
The Mousse is really simple, heavy cream (whipping cream), icing sugar, baileys and chocolate. All combined to create the most delicious creamy sensation and when sprinkled with crushed Oreo’s well let’s just say you will not be disappointed.
Irish Cream Desserts
We enjoyed this recipe poolside after a Homemade Pulled Pork Dinner. It was the perfect dessert for a hot summer day and using the Taco Bowls made for a quick and easy clean up. Who doesn’t embrace that concept I ask you?? I also used the cutest little wooden spoons I found in the Target Dollar Aisle, #TBT to my childhood and ice cream sundaes in a cup.
Bailey's Cookies and Cream Parfait
- 1/3 c milk
- bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 c Baileys or Irish Cream coffee flavour kid friendly
- 2 c whipping cream
- 15 OREOs crushed
- taco boats
- cinnamon and sugar
- Using a food processor (or zip lock bag + rolling pin or meat mallet), crush the Oreo cookies, then set aside.
- Place chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl. Heat milk until steaming, then pour over chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Using your stand mixer add in whipping cream should be chilled, Baileys, and icing sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes.
- Divide cream mixture in half. The first half of the whipped cream will be left alone and is ready to use in the parfait. The second half will be mixed with the chocolate. When ready, slowly add the chocolate mixture over this half of the whipped cream, gently folding them together until completely mixed.
- To assemble the parfaits: add layers of the cream and crushed cookies as you see fit. I layered chocolate,cookies then white cream, then cookies, then cream again, then chocolate again, then cream again, and finally finish with any remaining cookie crumbles on top.
- I used the Taco bowls but any clear glass dish is also perfect.
- Parfaits can be served immediately. If you’d like the chocolate layer to be firmer, chill parfaits for 2-3 hours before serving