Recreating the Baked Apple Roses
Ingredients for the Apple Roses
Step by Step for Baking Instructions
creating a fruity dessert that is simple yet delicious. Plus picture perfect for your fall table
- 4 Apples
- Ready made pastry
- Apple Jalapeno Jelly or if you prefer Apricot like the video
- cinnamon and brown sugar.
Remove the cores from the apples ( or you can slice in half and remove the core.
- Thinly slice the apples ( and I really mean thinly because if you don't they will break), place all the slices in a bowl of water ( and lemon juice) and place in the microwave for three minutes ( I actually found this was not enough time so I went for an additional three minutes and then they were ready) The apples need to be very soft and bendable.
- While the apples are cooking, roll out your pastry and cut into six long strips
- Coat the pastry with your jelly it is the glue that holds the apples and pastry together
- I added a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon and water to the pastry
- add the apple slices in a slight overlapping pattern
- Slowly roll the apples and pastry and place in a muffin tin ( I might recommend lining the tin just to make removing the roses slightly easier ) This step is the most difficult step and really requires care and patience but it is doable. I then brushed the sugar/cinnamon mix over top of the roses.
- Place is 375 degrees for 35 minutes ( I covered with tinfoil), Then remove the tinfoil and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown your roses.
- Remove, let cool and serve ( with a scoop of ice cream or cool whip)