Late start to my week because I took Monday off, not to celebrate Memorial Day sadly. Yesterday was a work on the pool and work on the cedars day. I managed over 18000 steps, so maybe manual labour is my new gym. Thought I would share a tasty snack perfect for breakfast or anytime. A simple Banana Nut Muffin that will soon be on repeat in your home. Tasty little treats that are simple and easy to make.
Banana Nut Muffins
Honestly how tasty do these look? Want to know what is really crazy, these only take Prep time of 10 minutes and baking time: 20 minutes. Seriously in 30 minutes you will have 12 tasty muffins to snack on or share. Totally your choice if you decide to keep them to yourself. I actually bag them individually and freeze them.
Grabbing a single muffin from the freezer stops me from over snacking. Tell me I am not the only one who has no will power. Quick defrost also allows me to heat the muffin for a fresh from the oven feel. Nothing better than a warm muffin with melted butter.
Let’s get Baking
Big tip, I always find it more practical to gather my ingredients first. I cannot tell you how many times I sore I had everything I needed to get baking only to realize I was out of something critical. Picture everything all whisked in the bowl and you reach in the fridge for an egg only to discover an empty tray. Someone else in the house maybe made eggs that morning. Yikes.
Funny story, once I thought I had plenty of eggs only to discover they were all hard boiled already. Not quite useable for baking right.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- bananas, mashed
- unsalted butter, melted
- while milk
- large egg
- brown sugar sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- walnuts, chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
Now let’s Make Muffins
I try and make it easy listing the instructions here in the post but if you prefer you can jump right to the recipe card.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Can the Muffins be Stored in the Freezer?
As I indicated above, hey are perfect for freezing although I recoomend storing individually.