Last Updated on 2020-10-24 by Linda
If you know me and even it’s not well you will know I love to entertain. I Love to entertain. No that’s not an Echo or is it? Sorry folks I could not resist the little side joke. This little gal got an Echo to help with my party planning and it is pretty awesome. Alexa play me a tune, and she really does.
I was provided with an Echo to test out Alexa to see how well she would perform, although all opinions and thoughts expressed are my own.
Echo and Alexa Help
Seriously Alexa can help “get the party started. I know you have seen the “AD”, so have I, but initially I was a tad bit skeptical. I wondered if Alexa could really do all she claimed.The commercial is so cool, Alexa turn up the heat, Alexa play my Summer Playlist, you know. So I set out to see if Alexa and the Echo really would help me plan a BBQ and pool party.
Guests were invited, menu was planned and then I really found out how good Alexa was:
· “Alexa, set a timer for 10 minutes” I mean why use my phone in the midst of party prep right, it really worked.
· “Alexa, ask Cocktail Maker how to make Margarita” OK that one was a test because I already have the best Margarita recipe and shared that on the blog long ago.
· “Alexa, play the ‘Acoustic Summer’ playlist , or “Alexa, play the ‘Summer Party’ playlist ” Well this one was cool but I have to teach Alexa about The Honest Heart Collective because that’s really who we play all summer long. Funny story, when Kent got back from the store I was explaining to him that I was trying to teach Alexa to play the boy’s music and I made the statement “maybe I should say Alexa play music from Thunder Bay” and all of a sudden music started playing. Be careful she is always listening lol.
Food and Fun with Alexa
The fun does not stop with music, nope, Alexa is also great at assisting with the BBQ and even testing some new recipes, or even double checking the tried and true. I think I tested every Amazon App I could with Alexa.
· “Alexa, ask Meat Thermometer what’s the best temperature for chicken on the BBQ”
· “Alexa, ask Recipe Guru how to make a burger”
Wondering how to make a perfect Pina Colada? Well when Ryan is not around I ask Alexa that too.
Looking for the rules for Bocche? Cuz maybe I think the boys cheat, well ask that. Did you know you can even ask Alexa to tell you a Joke? Too funny but it’s true. The perfect Party Host, second to me of course.
Flo how do you like Alexa and the Echo? She thought it was pretty cool but still believes she should be the favourite summer toy. Flo how do I make Burgers? Hmmm the silence should mean Alexa wins, but Flo’s the best guest in the pool.
Looking for additional Party ideas? Check out the Tragically Hip Party or 6 Unique Teen Parties
Amy B. says
When my husband got us a echo. I was like I’m never going to use this. Now we have one in the kitchen, basement, our bedroom and baby girl room. I so couldn’t see myself with out one now. Since I use it for everything. Have a great week.
Linda Cassidy says
aren’t they awesome. we played with it all weekend.
Amy B. says
They are. I even listen to books on them. We have smart light and I can tell Alexia to turn the lights on and off.