Last Updated on 2023-03-08 by Linda
I am not sure about the rest of you but for me cupcakes are all about the icing or frosting. So I do not care if you make yours from scratch or use a mix( the cupcakes) spend time on your frosting and you will fool the world into believing you actually know what you are doing. Buttercream Frosting is the stuff of dreams if made properly.
Easy Buttercream Frosting
Walk through the Buttercream Frosting Recipe
How to Make Butter Cream Frosting:
- adding the butter to your mixer, set the time for fifteen minutes and let the magic begin
- slowly add in vanilla. I prefer Mexican Vanilla for a richer taste
- gradually add in the icing sugar/confectionery sugar
- add the whipping cream. At this step you can instead add flavoured coffee cream or even Bailey’s for a twist. If you want chocolate this is where you would add in a few tablespoons of cocoa.
The Secret to the Perfect Frosting
That’s it folks, honestly. No extra spatulas, no hand mixer, no new fangled bowl or specialty butter. A stand mixer and time plus of course butter, icing sugar and vanilla.
- whip the butter, you must whip the butter for fifteen minutes,
- add in icing sugra
- add cream
- whip till light and fluffy
So try it out and let me know what you think, and I especially recommended a teaspoon or two of Baileys for Adult Cupcakes.