Our last family vacation in Florida was an amazing experience, filled with visits to Universal Studios, visiting friends and of course pool time in the tropics.The boys love their tropical time and as much as we have an amazing oasis in our backyard I wanted to really try and create the “Tropical Vacations” of the past. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I happened to glance the new all® Fresh Tropical Mist™ at the Family Dollar in Ogdensburg.
I figured it would be pretty amazing to wrap ourselves in the smell of tropical flowers when we got out of the pool. We may not have the palm trees but we surely have the warm temperatures and the water, so tropical smells wafting from the warm towels truly invoke happy family holiday memories.( and a few bright floaties never hurt either)
We had an amazing day planned and the weather cooperated.Recreating fun vacations while at home is an economical way to expand the experience. I found re-creating the experience bring the memories and stories out. We spent the day reminiscing of past tropical vacations, plus creating a ton more new memories.
It was a relatively easy process re-creating our signs
1) Paint over each of the signs with a base coat
2) Block off each sign depending on the number of letters. We created three blocks on one and five blocks on the other two. We opted to keep the same words this time because the signs go over the outdoor Bar.
3) Create block letters, we went free hand
4) Get creative with the colours, the brighter the better for a tropical feel
5) Grap some sand paper and start roughing up your beautiful painting
6) Spray with varathyene