It was the 1982/83 university school year and I was away at Mount Alison for my first year, and my first year away from home yeehaa….Do you remember your first year at University? Well me neither. OK that is a bit of a joke but a little bit true, there are those moments that are a little fuzzy.
I do remember my first day, the “fam” drove me and my stuff, dropped me off and a new era began. I also remember this top,man I loved it, a multi colour Sailor top paired with Royal blue balloon pants, I was super styling.. and check out my baby sister and her styling vest and contrasting stripes.
as were birthday sheninigans, lemon gin and romance novels. I turned 19 my first year and when I came back to my dorm, my room had been moved, into the shower room….and hey did ya check out that jumpsuit with all the zippers, it really was a styling decade.
Well my first year passed by in a blur, beer gardens, late night activities and concerts. One of those concerts was Bryan Adams, I know right….. how friggin amazing is that. Now true confession I don’t actually remember a lot about that concert except it was held at Convocation Hall and he was playing ( a fact I regret especially because it was his 1983 Album that took off, Cuts Like a Knife and the single Straight Through the Heart, can you imagine, I was there for the beginning of the beginning)
Well guess what, Bryan Adams is playing in LA and you could be there, seriously I kid you not and how about that for an “OH MYLANTA” moment??
Click the link (here) to enter. The contest includes:
- Round trip economy airfare for two persons to Los Angeles, California (the “Destination”) from one of the following major Canadian airports (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Fredericton, Halifax)
- Four (4) nights standard accommodation for two (2) persons based on double occupancy, at a hotel in the Destination to be selected by the Sponsors in their sole discretion;
- Two (2) tickets to the July 6th, 2016 Bryan Adams performance at the Greek Theatre
- A meet-and-greet experience with Bryan Adams
- A collection of Bryan Adams CDs for the contest winner