Last Updated on 2020-10-15 by Linda
This was a wonderful surprise, went to get my hair done and came home to a dinner surprise. Kent decided to try the Chili Cheese Hot Dog Croissant Bake.
Kent discovered this recipe in a Facebook video and decided to give it a try. We had Chili last week ( promise I will share that soon) and the leftovers were in the fridge. This is a real simple dish to make and one I would suggest the kids could help you with. Hot Dogs and croissants with chili and cheese, I mean seriously talk about comfort food.
Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
We used the ginormous hot dogs that we get from Nutra Farm. Farm fresh meat from Ontario Farmers. Now true confession I am not normally a Hot Dog fan but I do love the Ontario Hot Dogs we get. We have all our meat delivered once per year from Nutra Farm. It is flash frozen. The meat is the best I have ever had.
The Hot Dogs in this casserole are really delicious, try it and tell me what you think?
Facebook Recipes and Videos
Do you copy the facebook videos? Are you as addicted as I am to all the fun recipes you find on Social Media. Thi is just one of the many inspirations I have seen while scrolling. Crazy that a gal who never was a fan of Coney Dogs or even Hot Dogs enjoyed this recipe. This is a huge hit and a large shout out to The Best Recipe Box for a great meal idea.
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 1 can Pillsbury Croissant
- 4 Cups Homemade Chili
- 8 cheese slices
- melted garlic butter
- roll out Pillsbury dough and cut into 8 squares
- take one hotdog, one cheese slice and one dough square and roll together
- Repeat this with all hot dogs
- in a rectangular pan spread your chili out
- place hotdogs in their dough on top of the chili
- baste with melted garlic butter
- cover pan with tin foil l and bake for 25 minutes covered (375F)
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes
- remove from oven and baste with garlic butter again
- sprinkle with parsley