Last Updated on 2020-11-23 by Linda
Are you ready for the Holidays? Gotta confess this has not been the greatest start to my holiday prepping. Life has taken a few unexpected turns, but that is a story for another day. Shaking off the feelings of doom and gloom I opted to create a Festive At Home Coffee Bar. How does that sound?
I have created a few Hot Cocoa Bars over the years but never featured Coffee on its own. Well time to rectify that mistake right? This is truly going to be a smash hit at the Annual Openhouse.
Coffee Bar or Hot Cocoa Bar what is your preference? I am both lol. Thanks Melitta for partnering with me to create a new experience for our upcoming Open House.
How about an easy, festive, at-home coffee bar
Creating a coffee bar in your home should be quick and easy. I thought I would work with Melitta and give you the teps to set up your own. Sound like a useful tool? By using high-quality ground coffee and the following checklist, you can have the holiday coffee bar of your dreams.
- Locate it: Find a corner of your house, just a small flat counter space designated for your items.
- Caffeinate it: Set up a premium coffee system and carafe that suits the surrounding décor.
- Furnish it: Get the necessities! You’ll need premium ground coffee, assorted coffee syrups, 6-8 decorative mugs, 6-8 matching spoons, a good-quality milk steamer, and garnishes (chocolate syrup anyone?)
- Personalize it: Make it your own! Now’s the time to let your creativity shine with your favourite holiday accessories and festive baked goods.
- Action it: Now that you’re all set up, you can now use your coffee bar to create delicious recipes and impress your guests.
My Coffee Bar and First Recipe
Let’s recap shall we, using my own personal Coffee Bar and my set up:
Find a spot to set it up, I used the corner of the family room close to the kitchen and hot water. Location secured.
Setting up a premium coffee system and carafe that suits the surrounding décor. Doesn’t my new Pour Over just work perfectly with my decor?
Furnish it with mugs and syrups, got that covered thanks to my Rae Dunn obsession
Personalize is not an issue. I mean hello Christmas Queen here has an unlimited supply of make it mine decor.
and finally ACTION. Test it out and then open it to the guests. I tried a few new recipes this weekend in advance of our party
So on that note taste testing is the final step so I guess we are ready for the festivities to begin.
How to use the Festive Coffee Bar:
Gather up some fun recipes and have the cards available at the bar, Let your guests try out your recipes or maybe create a few new ones. My fav to date has been Café Especiale Con Temperamento
Café Especiale Con Temperamento
- 1 cup hot Melitta Coffee the stronger, the better
- 1 cup hot cocoa
- ¼ cup coffee liqueur
- Brew Coffee.
- Stir hot coffee with hot cocoa and the coffee liqueur.
- Serve in cups or mugs.
Next up I plan to test out the Buttered Praline Coffee