My Baking Frenzy and Cookies and Cream Blossums
I may or may not have a fascination with Hershey Kisses but what the heck don’t they scream Christmas.
a fun cookies and cream cookie featuring Hershey Kisses and a sugar cookie base
- Sugar Cookie Base:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract mexican vanilla works best
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- One bag of Cookies and Cream Kisses that will need to be opened ( do not eat them save them for the cookies)
- In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. With an electric mixer ( or your new Kitchen aid), cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined, slowly add chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment. Using a one inch scoop, create dough balls, roll in white sugar and space evenly on sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, remove from oven and immediately place a kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Place gently on cooling rack and there you have it deliciousness to savour with a big glass of milk, or coffee, or tea or hot chocolate….. you get the picture just enjoy.
Outfit in Michael Kors
For my Monday Outfit I chose my favourite Michael Kors Sweater over a LBD. Found at Target for a steal of a deal last year. Add a pair of Leopard heels for interest and there ya have it simple, easy, classic pieces. Nothing flashy today just a classic work outfit and one with a bit of give to make up for all the cookies I sampled this week.