Last Updated on 2020-10-21 by Linda
Well happy Monday and lets start off with a positive and talk about this Fashion Mia White Linen Shift. I adore this dress, the pattern, the fabric and wait for it….POCKETS. I mean does a summer dress get any better? Daily outfits and taking pictures is probably one of the “fun” parts of blogging. Instagram Today, well that is my not so fun part. Are you hearing me, are you feeling the same pain? Well let’s discuss shall we?
Fashion Mia White Linen Shift
Before the serious I want too talk fun. Fashion Mia just gets me, I tell you and i cannot believe I cannot find the site anymore. Kind of sucks. The selection screams Linda and the prices well I have to tell you I was pretty darn excited. This linen dress also happened to be available in Blue and I tam still kicking myself that I never ordered it. A linen dress with pockets for 16.95…. how happy would you be?
This dress is office appropriate , pool appropriate and summer party appropriate.I have to be honest I tried three pairs of shoes and two necklaces trying to find the right look . This go round I opted for a floral necklace and my stripe wedge shoes. Past wears I opted to let the dress stand on its own with no jewelry and added a pair of gladiators from Giant Tiger.
Now let’s get to the tough talk. Instagram Today SUCKS. Shadow Bans, liking bans, well just bans in general. There I said it and now I await the lightning rod of punishment from Insta. OK first let’s recap my little history for you. Way back in January I was hit with a 24 hour ban from Instagram, apparently I had been liking too much. Now full disclosure I had tried Social Bump for the first time. Figured it was a nice way for me to try and grow. Sadly I did not even know about that app until December and now I wish I had remained ignorant.
Well in January after I got hit by the ban I cancelled the service ASAP. I was petrified. And FYI, it only helped me grow by 300 so totally not worth it to me.
Run forward until August and around the 2nd I got hit again. Now this time it was a three day ban and I have no idea what I did. No bots here people, I follow naturally and I like and comment like crazy. Engagement is key I was told. I was using like it all to help me stay on top but it was still me liking and engaging. The ban was lifted on August 6th and I thought OK let’s slow it down.
Instagram and my Punishment
I stopped participating on all the facegroup groups, eased up like it all and saw a decrease in engagement again. Darn Instagram still wasn’t letting my posts really be seen. So I started engaging with the groups again and yep I did it, I started with like it all again. Now let’s be frank here, it’s not a bot, it is an automated tool similar to the scheduling tools we have all used. BUT I don’t think Insta likes it, nor does she like us using Facebook.
Now isn’t that Ironic as shit. Instagram and Facebook are like sisters, you would think they would welcome us working together. So bottomline on August 21st, bham, 7 day ban. And that was me actually liking by hopping over from Facebook. I had cancelled like it all, I was spending way to many hours trying to engage and I got slammed again.
Now I am petrified to even like an Instagram post off my desktop, let alone using Facebook. I am manually liking pictures, still trying to engage but finding it is way too time consuming. Insta has sucked the fun out of an App i loved. Instagram Today has me totally in a spin.
I don’t think Instagram wants Influencers to grow, so I am not sure what I want my relationship to be with her anymore. Oddly, I am not understanding why I am calling IT a She but it is what it is.
My Instagram Advice
My advice if you care:
- no bots, now that is a DUH statement
- no like it all or anything similar, you will get caught and yes it may make like easy but is it really worth it?
- Do not use Facebook to go directly to Insta to like
- If you do engage in Facebook groups, leave your preview helps for engagement.
- If Insta is you media of choice be prepared to spend hours mindlessly scrolling, liking and commenting.
- limit likes, comments and follows, do not like more than 60 an hour or 600 a day.
- Remember Instagram Today has no help line anymore, no email to contact if you get banned. It’s a bot they use to restrict us. With no client service regardless of how “BIG” you are, is it worth it.
- I have seen large accounts hacked and deleted with no help from Insta, I have seen accounts with over 65000 followers banned for trying to engage. All this while Insta has the power. Their terms of Service state they can shut us down in an instant. Is it worth the hours needed to “organically engage”?
- Get back to your BLOG, remember you own that content and no one can take it away
- Try to get back to the fun of social not the business and remember why we started.
OK rant over, hope I still have an Insta account to use after this but for now Google and SEO are calling my name. Those I think I can work with.