I truly do not know where the days are going. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was taking pictures for a Valentines Day post and now it is March 30th. Granted I did leave right for my cruise and then when I returned the world started to flip. It has been a crazy few weeks and adjusting to the new norm has been a bit of a mind twist.
Well damn, not sure about you but I am officially exhausted. Trying to plan a day, a week even a month of home bound is a weird feeling. But flashing back to a more lighthearted yet snowier time, my Buffalo Plaid pants and Leopard Booties.
Happy Monday Folks and I thought I might try something a little different today, no big story, no insightful philosophical writings just a silly post to let you know a bit about me. I was catching up with my blog reading this weekend because yep, really far behind on reading and commenting, and I came across a cute post.
Five Weird Things you May Not Know about Me, and I thought heck why not. I mean seriously ask anyway they’ll confirm I am weird, really weird at times so let’s see if you know how weird I am if you will still love me, or at least still follow me.
5 Weird Facts of Me
1) I am very, very very anal about order, I mean so much that I have to make sure all the pieces of a board game are perfectly centered on every square. The worst is when I play Sequence and I have to re-align every card every time. Kent will deliberately move a card just to drive me crazy.
2) When I eat a Turkey dinner I have to have a bit of every thing on my fork for every bite. Potato, Squash, Dressing, Turkey and Cranberry all have to come together at the same moment so I can fully experience the flavours of the meal. ( I know weird)
3) I love Cherry flavoured everything but I cannot eat Cherries. And I love Strawberries but I cannot stand strawberry flavoured anything
4) I cannot stand looking at bellies, its an awful feeling but that moment when someones shirt rides up and you see a bit of their belly is like teeth clenching, icky moment for me,,, and it doesn’t matter what your belly looks like…
5) and the most awful I am not a baby person. I love kids and I adore toddlers but babies not so much. Me, well I am not the one grabbing your newborn when you walk into a room, no thank you. I will take your toddler and play with them for hours. But please do not ask me to get all gaga over the babe. Harsh right but something I have always felt. When I was younger and dreaming of family I use to want to adopt a six month old. And then joked when they hit 10ish. I wanted to give them back till they grew up.
Today’s Buffalo Plaid Pants
One of the greatest things about seasonal changeover is rediscovering your wardrobe. I almost forgot about the Buffalo Plaid pants I got from Old Navy last year. They were a huge hit during the Christmas Holidays but I aim this year to just make them a big hit always. Valentines screams red and these seemed the perfect look.
Lately I have stuck to White or black tops/sweaters and jackets with these pants. The red cashmere really does pop doesn’t it? Paired with leopard booties and a black floral moto I was office ready with flair.