Interesting thought for you. I have been deleting old blog posts and cleaning up social media accounts lately. It’s my version of the Kondo thing. Closest I will come to decluttering and only because twice in the last two months I have maxxed out in storage for my blog oops. So any hoo back to the purpose, in searching my facebook saved videos I found this Chocolate Lasagna. Before you criticize that thought, the saved video was from 6 years ago, apparently I saved videos and then never made the stuff. Today I serve you Game of Thrones Oreo Chocolate Lasagna
My Version of Game of Thrones Oreo Chocolate Lasagna
This is my second attempt at Chocolate Lasagna. The first time I made homemade brownies at the base. Eventually I shall share that version as well as the brownies. but for today I thought I would use my Game of Throne Oreo’s. Seriously now that GOT is over why would I save the Oreo’s.
So using an Oreo crust seemed the right thing to do. Have you tried this dessert yet? I was shocked at the ease and speed, especially when not needing brownies.
Let’s walk through the recipe shall we?
Ingredients for Chocolate Lasagna
You will need a few simple ingredients
Package of Oreo cookies ( don’t eat then)
How to make the perfect Lasagna with a Game of Thrones theme
Let’s walk through the steps but if you want to hop straight to the recipe start scrolling
- Open the package of oreos and crush them, honestly crush them worse than Daenerys Targaryen did to all who opposed her. add 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix well and add to square pan
2) in a bowl combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup icing sugar. Blend well. Beat that cheese and icing sugar until there is no resistance and it is one happy mixture. ( pick a GOT family that is suitable here)
3) slowly add in half a container of Cool whip to the cream cheese mixture. This is the North coming together to shut out Cersi are ya feeling the vibe yet.
4) Add this mixture on top of the Oreo Crust. Thus begins the perfect marriage reminiscent of Daenerys Targaryen and Khal.
5) Open the instant pudding mix and blend with the skim milk. Pour immediately onto the Cream cheese mixture. Feels a bit like Jon Snow has entered the picture right?
7) Add the remaining cool whip and then sprinkle with a few crumbs I should have mentioned you should set aside.
8) Place in the refrigerator for a few hours. ( or send it to the Wildlings beyond the wall for a day or an hour)
This recipe discovered years ago but never shared. Creating a great Chocolate Lasagna with my Game of Thrones Oreos
crush oreos, melt butter and blend the two together ( save a small amount of crumbs for topping)
press into square pan
add skim milk to chocolate pudding and blend for two minutes, set aside
blend cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth
add in 1/2 tub of cool whip, then spread the cream cheese mixture on the crust
add chocolate pudding and spread evenly
add remaining coolwhip
sprinkle with cookie crumbs
place in refrigerator for a few hours
cut into nine pieces and serve
enjoy, because I sure did