Quick and easy dinners after a hard day of week should not be complicated. Is there anything worse than working all day and getting home and worrying about what to serve? How about an easy and quick Garlic and Roasted Pepper Pasta? Sound like a plan for your meals? Let me walk you through how we have supper on the table quick as a rabbit.
Meal Planning and Prep time with Pasta
After a long day at work I am not usually in the mood to wait for food when I get home. Most days we try, or rather Kent tries to pre-plan. Take something out of the freezer so we can quickly get dinner on the table.
Is it only me or does everyone start to feel a little faint when they are hungry? If a meal takes too long or I haven’t eaten properly during the day then I get a tad bit HANGRY after work. Trying to have a mid afternoon snack helps but so also does getting the meal ready quickly and easily.
This Garlic and Roasted Pepper Pasta is not just quick, it’s tasty and versatile. Normally we serve it with a chicken breast ( like in my stories last night) but for this meal we went Turkey Sausage.
Garlic and Roast Pepper Pasta
There are few ingredients needed and all comes together in under fifteen minutes. This is one mouth watering dish, honestly the frying of the garlic and peppers in olive oil is amazing. Start to finish we can get home and have supper/dinner on the table in under a half hour. Let’s walk through it together shall we?
Ingredients needed for Garlic and Roast Pepper Pasta
A few simple ingredients and your choice makes this your meal.
- pasta of choice, I used Spaghettini
- Olive Oil 6 -8 tablespoons
- cloves of garlic, I used 6-8 chopped
- sweet bell peppers chopped, any colour except green
- chili peppers
- meat of choice, sausage or chicken are my top selection
Making the Pasta Dish with Turkey Sausage
Only a few quick steps and a couple of pots will have you dinner ready
1)prep your meat we took the stuffing out of some turkey sausage and fried it on the stove, once done set aside
2) Chop bell peppers and garlic gloves
3) add a few tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan and add peppers and garlic
4) roast till garlic cloves turn yellow
5) in a pot bring salted water to boil, then add pasta, remove pasta about a minute before it is done
6) add pasta to the pepper and garlic mix
7) add in remaining Olive Oil and stir
8) add in sausage or your meat of choice and then serve
9) once plated offer grated Parmesan cheese and/or chili flakes for flavour
Garlic and Roast Pepper Pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- pasta of choice spaghettini
- sweet bell peppers not green
- 6 cloves garlic cloves
- chili flakes
- turkey sausage or chicken breast
- cook meat on stove and set aside
- chop peppers and garlic to small size
- add 3-4 tbsp olive oil to new frying pan and add garlic and peppers, cook until garlic is yellow in colour
- boil pasta until almost ready ( about a minute left till cooked) then drain
- add pasta to pepper mixture with remaining olive oil
- add meat in
- add chili flakes and stir all for a few minutes
- plate and then serve with Parmesan and chili flakes