Last Updated on 2020-09-14 by Linda
When to Serve the Casserole
As much as I would love to tell you this is an every day breakfast, I cannot. This is one of those save for a special occasion recipes. Now do not misunderstand me, it’s not difficult not complicated just decadent.
This is the type of dish that makes the holidays special. It is the dish that will pull the children away from the Christmas Tree to come eat. Plus when made with gluten free ingredients it is a dish you can serve to everyone
Surprise the ones with celiac and gluten intolerance with a special treat. A dish they can enjoy along with everyone else.
Ingredients for the Gluten Free Egg nog French Toast Casserole
This does not require many ingredients but it does require planning. The recipe only works if you prep the dish the night before.
- a loaf of gluten free bread
- coconut eggnog
- maple syrup
- cream cheese
- icing sugar
How to Make a French Toast Casserole
Spray pan and then add cut up bread ( day old French Baquette works perfect),
pour egg mixture over bread, add half package of cream cheese ( recipe called for full pack but we found that a little to much)
Cover container with foil and store in fridge overnight
In the morning preheat oven to 350 and place casserole in oven
Cook for about 45 minutes. Pour 3/4 maple syrup over the top or allow each to add their own
Gluten Free EggNog French Toast Casserole
- Spray pan and then add cut up bread, mix egg, vanilla and 1/4 c syrup. add a splash of coconut eggnog
- pour egg mixture over bread, add package of cream cheese. our another 1/4 c syrup over mixture. I never think there is enough
- Cover container with foil and store in fridge overnight
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 and place casserole in oven
- Cook for about 45 minutes. Pour remaining maple syrup over the top or allow each to add their own
For a healthier variation Blueberries and strawberries can be added.