Ingredients needed to make Dough
How to Make Pizza Dough
I have laid out the simple steps to make homemade pizza dough. I can say the simple steps because I have “watched” Kent make this dozens of times lol.
Is your mouth watering yet??? Its a great way to spend a Friday night Folks, I highly recommend this. Gourmet Pizza Dough made from scratch. Simply Satisfying.
The perfect homemade pizza dough with an adult twist. Adding a bit of white wine and honey turns the traditional dough into a gourmet delight
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp honey sometimes we use garlic honey
- 1 Tbsp salt we use sea salt always
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups all purpose Flour sometimes we use whole wheat
- 1/2 cup white wine anything that is opened
- 1/2 cup warm water
- sometimes we add Italian spices and/or cayenne pepper to the dough
- Mix yeast, water, wine and honey in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave for five minutes. when you return after five minutes and remove the plastic the mixture should be a beige slightly bubbly goppy mixture with a delicious yeast smell.
Add salt, olive oil, flour and any other seasoning you may like.
- Once it has been thoroughly mixed it should have a springy texture.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot for 50 minutes.( the dryer if you are doing laundry or a sink half filled with warm water & cover with a hand towel or two.)
- )While the dough is rising, get the ingredients together.
- After 50 minutes the dough will have increased in size by half, at this point you can begin preparing the pizzas.)Preheat oven to 475
- Sprinkle some flour on your counter and turn bowl upside down so dough falls on the counter, knead slightly and form into a ball, divide into two. ( if you are using a pizza stone heat it up slightly)
- Place dough on pan and roll out the dough.
-place pan with dough in preheated oven for one minute, remove and add your ingredients. dress your pizza,
- bake at 475 for 7-10 minutes ideally on the middle rack. remove and serve hot