Its a long weekend and that usually means BBQ and summer fun. When the weather doesn’t want to cooperate you sometimes need to get a little creative. Or when you run out of propane and cannot BBQ. Take your pick either option requires a little ingenuity. Kent got creative, possible inspired by watching several episodes of Carnival Eats. He created the absolutely delightful Grilled Cheese Hamburger Sandwich, with a healthy Kale Salad.
It’s a very simple concept, you like grilled cheese, you like burgers, well mash them together. The perfect indoor summer sandwich.
Grilled Cheese Hamburger Sandwich
Taking your hamburger patties and frying them old school was the base for the perfect Summer Sandwich.
Little tip, instead of using butter try some miracle whip and/or mayonnaise.
Start with the basic grilled cheese base and we will build from there. The most delicious lunches always start with the simplest of ideas.
Next up, burgers and any condiments you desire ( I went plain jane today) Kent added full condiments for his burger and alternated his cheese with a Havarti Jalapeno blend. Its where you can go All- American or gourmet style. This is a totally what you want is what you get mixture.
You can add an additional cheese slice and then flip sandwich when golden and the cheese starts melting.
all that’s left is total enjoyment.
Delicious Grilled Cheese Hamburger Sandwich
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- seasoning to taste
- 1 egg
- 8 slices Bread
- 8 slices american cheese or havarti cheese or both
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- Prepare hamburger patties as if you were about to BBQ, but ensure they are much thinner and larger
- fry the patties on the stove top [mv_img id="25758"]
- coat the slices of bread with mayonnaise, similar to how you butter the bread
- bread and a cheese slice to your frying pan [mv_img id="25755"]
- place a hamburger patty to each sandwich
- next add condiments to each persons taste, i.e. ketchup, mustard
- the addition of an additional cheese slice for extra flavour [mv_img id="25754"]
- next is the second slice of bread
- toast/fry each side until golden
- Serve with a side salad. [mv_img id="25752"]
- Enjoy [mv_img id="25752"]