And may the dessert recipes just keep coming. Between Kent’s fascination with Facebook Videos and my desire to keep testing my limits we may never run out of deliciousness to share. Grilled Peaches who knew it would be so decadent when grilled. Grilling peaches creates a sweet dessert that will have you coming back for more. Last week we tried a Grilled Peaches and Buttered Rum Sauce for a tasty new dessert. Last year I shared the Grilled Pineapple Recipe but why stop there right?
Peach on the Que
Summer time is grilling season and we do love our que. Funny thing though, with the exception of BBQ donuts I or we have never experimented with a dessert. Well that my dear peeps is going to change. Kent decided he needed to try this sweet Grilled Peach dish and wowser. Not a heavy dessert but perfect for the warm summer evenings.
Grilling accentuates the sweet in the peach and then adding a rich sauce and ice-cream. Well come on we all scream for ice cream right? I swear I will never hear the bells on an ice cream truck ring without thinking of this gooey dessert.
Grilled Peach and Buttered Rum Sauce
The Peach dessert is not a complicated recipe to follow nor does it take much time. This is one that is worth the slight bit of effort to really surprise your guests. Start with the sauce before dinner and then set it aside till after dinner.
1)Add butter and sugar to a pot with heat on low.
2)Stir till butter is melted
3) add rum or even bourbon if you prefer, let simmer until amber in colour, see below for specifics. This take 10-12 minutes
4) slowly whisk in cream
5) stir till sauce thickens
The Peach prep not the Peach Pit
6) add seasoning mixture to peaches and set aside.
7) Grill each peach on medium heat
8) Place peach on plate and add a dollop of sauce
10) add ice cream
11) add more sauce
12 Serve and enjoy
The Grilled Peach Recipe
Tasty summer treat nand a way to enjoy the sweet peach of the season. Get that BBQ out and let's start grilling
in saucepan, cook sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add Rum. Without stirring but brushing down side of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water, cook until amber in colour, 10 to 12 minutes.
- whisk in cream and salt; bring to boil. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in rum; remove from heat. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine allspice, cinnamon and salt. Pour mixture over the peach halves. Let sit
- Place coated peaches on the grill, cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove peaches from grill. On each plate add a peach halve, top with buttered rum sauce and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Add more sauce for taste.