And may the dessert recipes just keep coming. Between Kent’s fascination with Facebook Videos and my desire to keep testing my limits we may never run out of deliciousness to share. Grilled Pineapple who knew it would be so decadent when grilled. Ironically it’s not something I ever thought about until I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse in Miami. Grilling pineapple creates a sweet dessert that will have you coming back for more. Last week we tried a Grilled Pineapple and Buttered Rum Sauce for a tasty new dessert.
Grilled Pineapple on the Que
Summer time is grilling season and we do love our que. Funny thing though, with the exception of BBQ donuts I or we have never experimented with a dessert. Well that my dear peeps is going to change. Kent decided he needed to try this sweet Grilled Pineapple dish and wowser. Not a heavy dessert but perfect for the warm summer evenings.
Grilling accentuates the sweet in the pineapple and then adding a rich sauce and ice-cream. Well come on we all scream for ice cream right? I swear I will never hear the bells on an ice cream truck ring without thinking of this gooey dessert.
Grilled Pineapple and Buttered Rum Sauce
The Pineapple dessert is not a complicated recipe to follow nor does it take much time. This is one that is worth the slight bit of effort to really surprise your guests. Start with the sauce before dinner and then set it aside till after dinner.
1)Add butter and sugar to a pot with heat on low.
2)Stir till butter is melted
3) add rum or even bourbon if you prefer, let mixture bubble and turn amber ( approx 10-12 minutes)
4) slowly whisk in cream and salt
5) stir till sauce thickens
6) add seasoning mixture to pineapple and set aside.
7) Grill Pineapple on medium heat
8) Slice pineapples into steaks
9) Place steak on plate and add a dollop of sauce
10) add ice cream
11) add more sauce
12 Serve and enjoy
The Grilled Pineapple Recipe
Healthy Pineapple and a scrumptious buttered rum sauce makes the perfect summer dessert. Grilling at its finest
In saucepan, cook sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes, slowly stir in Rum.. Without stirring but brushing down side of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water, cook until amber in colour, 10 to 12 minutes.
- whisk in cream and salt; bring to boil. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in rum; remove from heat. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine allspice, cinnamon and salt. Pour mixture over the pineapple. Let sit
- Place coated pineapple on the grill, cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Slice pineapple into steaks and toast on either side.
- Remove pineapple steaks from grill. On each plate add a slice of pineapple, top with buttered rum sauce and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Add more sauce for taste.