It’s Fall Y’All and time for Pumpkin everything. Today I thought I would share a fun craft for you that you can do with the kids. Let’s create some pretty Sweater Pumpkins. Funny thing I created these fun pumpkins last year and although I created a youtube video I never actually ever shared the post. How crazy is that?
Creating Sweater Pumpkins
Honestly everyone has old sweaters hanging around right? and an old pillow or two? Yep that is about all you need to create these amazingly cute pumpkins. Ironically I didn’t have any sweaters around I wanted to cut up so I went to Value Village and picked up a few cable sweaters. Personally I love the look of cable knits on the pumpkins and vases.
The Pumpkins are all made from the body of a pullover sweater, stuffed with an old pillow foam and tied off with pipe cleaners and elastics. Such a simple craft. Let the kids join in on the fun. They can help you cut up the sweater. Maybe tear up the old pillow. Just don’t let them play with the hot glue.
I find a few leaves also help make the pumpkins stand out. What do you do with the sleeves you ask? Well hop over to Sweater Vases and learn another cool craft.
Steps to create the Perfect Pumpkin
- find an old sweater and cut off the sleeves
- Cut the sides so you end up with the front and back as a separate piece
- tear up an old foam pillow ( or purchase pillow fill)
- add the fill to the center of the sweater material
- pull the sides towards the middle
- Tie off all the corners with an elastic
- wrap with pipecleaners or twine
- attach a few fake leaves with glue
- enjoy the pumpkins
If you test this little craft out, share a picture with the hashtag #alabourofcrafts, I would love to see what you create.