Last Updated on 2020-02-09 by Linda
I am addicted to Facebook food videos. There are probably dozens of them saved on my page, for future tries. However, when I saw this Chocolate Macaroon Pie last week I knew it was an immediate test.
With The Honest Heart Collective in town for the weekend, I figured this might be the perfect addition to a final steak dinner. We always try to have one really special family dinner when the band is in town. The pie was an absolute hit. Kevin probably would have eaten the entire pie if I have let him ( three pieces later he still wanted more).
It is a great minimal mess dessert. The flour, coconut and vanilla blended with the condensed milk make a perfect crust.
Big Hint: grease your hands before pressing the crust, this is STICKY
Heat the whipping cream two minutes in the microwave and then add in the chips. Whisk till blended
I debated adding whip cream on top but served on its own, it was perfect. I actually cut this into 14 slices. Try it out and tell me what you think. Are you hooked on chocolate and coconut? Try this for Easter, I think adding a few eggies on top would be perfect.
- 5 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tps vanilla I prefer Mexican Vanilla
- blend coconut and flour together
- add vanilla and a can of condensed milk
- blend well and then add to a " target="_blank"> Flan pan
- bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes. Set aside and let cool
- Heat whipping cream in microwave for 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble
- add chocolate chips and gentle whisk,
- let cool and then add to the crust
- Set aside to let set.