Last Updated on 2017-03-18 by Linda
I used to have this lovely cloth heating roll that my aunt made for me, I think it was filled with grits or something similar, but it was perfect when you got a kink in your neck, Well it disappeared and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the house, and when I am out shopping I always forget about it. Well Thursday I came home from work and my neck was bothering me, well this time I decided to check pinterest and see what I could figure out. Guess what, three ingredients, no sewing and all stuff I had at my fingertips.
I gathered up some burlap twine, a pair of tights that I loved but fit really awkward, a bag of rice and I was set to go. Scissors and a funnel are key to making this quick and easy and I little helper never hury anyone. Lou just loves being useful.
1) cut the torso and the feet off the tights. You could make one long and several small bags or two large your choice of course.
2) I opted for what I figured was two medium size bags
3) Tie off one end with a piece of burlap twine
4) using the funnel pour the rice into the tights ( leave enough so space so this can fit snuggly around your neck/arm/leg)
5) Tie off the other end
6) You now have a versatle heating bag, pop into microwave for two minutes and get ready to moan as the heat seeps through your aching joints
7) additional tips: you can use grits instead and you can also add scents to the rice. I was in a hurry so I went with no scents but I do have lavendar and vanilla I will add. ( for this step add a few drops of scent to the rice, put in a sealed container for a few days and then add it back to the bag you created.
How crazy easy is this and I bet everyone has the three things you need to make this work…. now I wonder why I waited so long to make one.