In January of this year Kent and I embarked on a journey to reduce carbs. We decided we needed to reduce the carb and sugar intake and lose a few pounds. OK true confession we didn’t decide, the doctor kind of encouraged it. Joining the over 50 crowd a few years ago we have noticed a change in metabolism and body composition. Now truth be told neither of us like cauliflower at all, I know shocker, who doesn’t love Cauliflower?
Keto Friendly Cauliflower Cheese Bread for Super Bowl
After embarking on a get healthy journey I needed to discover some healthy snacks. With Super Bowl Sunday upon us I did not want to resort to the ole chips and dip. Because everyone has been spouting about the benefits of cauliflower for cooking I thought why not. I was skeptical, but could everyone be lying?
It’s not that they were lying but I bet they all love cauliflower. As a non fan could I make this an edible snack? The cauliflower cheese bread did actually work out but not because I followed a recipe. MY first attempt sucked the big one. I found a recipe, tried it and voila cheese bread that was soggy and tasted like cauliflower. The secret is baking the crap out of it to achieve a bit of a crunch and add seasoning.
Keto Friendly Cauliflower Cheese Bread
- shred cauliflower in food processor
- heat cauliflower in the microwave for 10 minutes
- strain with cheesecloth removing all moisture
- add eggs and seasoning
- spread on parchment paper in rectangle shape or round pizza shape
- bake for 25 minutes at 450
- remove from oven and flip sides
- cook another 25 minutes
- remove from oven and add cheese and italian seasoning
- bake until cheese is melted
- remove and slice into fingers, serve warm with a marinara sauce