Last Updated on 2020-10-21 by Linda
Say wow, how much did that catch your attention?? Well it sure caught mine on Tuesday Morning… so to be clear I have copied this picture from Sara Titus, who wrote a wonderful article that I have linked to, the only issue is I totally misunderstood…. as a blogger who holy crap just missed my two year Blogversary ( gosh darn it) but feels like I am still in the infancy stages of blogging, to me 200,000 Page views referenced the tally on my side bar not on a per month basis….I got totally excited that finally I was going to discover the secret to get that number to start creeping up quicker than it has been.
I am at 305,980 and have been growing about 800+ per day, so maybe that is a slow and steady growth but how in heck do I get to those UMV’s totalling the ten’s of thousands. So Sara, truly thanks for a great post but how about next time we start a little smaller… to the blogger who is stuck at 10,000 page views or 18,000… how do we catch your attention people
Again Bloggers perplex me as does this strange world, what works, what doesn’t Who knows?
I have done a lot of research and the pieces of advise I ” consistently” see:
Linda’s Ten Best Tips for Increasing your Page views
1) Be consistent- what the heck does that mean anyway, I am not sure I could be more consistent then I am….
2) Be true to yourself- again have you seen my blog lately?? Not sure I could be anymore true to me
3) Large, quality pictures- OK they are large and of me so that is kind of great don’t you think
4) Link ups – I do believe in this one but I am not sure it creates a consistent return
5) Participate in Giveaways- This does create an immediate increase no question but then you have to focus on maintaining the interest
6) Share on Social Media – I agree this is important but heavens no-one actually tells you how time consuming this one is…..and do you really see a return in “pageviews”?
7) Pinnable images, vertical images, pinterest button, good pinterest description – overall theme is ” PINTEREST” is important….
8) SEO – best I can figure here with a literal translation is ” find key words” and use them lots
9) Stumble, Digg, Reddit, Blogher- essentially ( scuse the english here folks) prostitute yourself out… OK no on a serious note share your posts in as many spots as you can and pray people read it.
10) Make friends, seriously make at least one awesome friend who has like a ton of followers and by tons I mean thousands and thousands and have them share your posts, and praise you and pay people to follow and basically ride on their coat tails…. and really thats all you need right??? Forget the first nine just focus on number 10 because honestly I have done all of the others and I am still stumped so what the heck… hey all you totally successsful bloggers with a gazillion UVM/UMV’s ( man I can’t even get that one right) wanna be my friend???
So have you followed all of the tips you have read, have any really worked well… and well I just have to ask how are your monthly pageviews and unique views?? or is that far to personal?
so while I sit back and wait for the oodles and oodles of famous blogger friends that I know will be knocking at my door or at the very minimum be leaving me comments below..