Last Updated on 2018-10-31 by Linda
I have been a tad bit inconsistent the last few weeks and I have been worrying about it. Over the past month there have been a few times where I seriously did not have time to either take pictures or create a fun post because of life.
Life Worth Living
I was worried until I read Carly’s post. She was providing some pretty great blogging tips but it was her final statement that gave me the aha moment. “Live a life worth Blogging About” and at that moment I realized all is OK, having a busy life means I have something interesting to write about. But really folks even the most mundane is worth sharing, its the real life moments that generate the stories of our life’s.
It has been a whirlwind few months, Blogging Conferences, Baby Showers, Rock Concerts, Family visits, crazy work days…. and the list goes on. Add trying to blog, share on social media and watch a ton of shows ( cuz I am addicted to Netflix and Doctor Who, which FYI just moved to Crave WTH).
More Than Being on the Computer
I realized that blogging is about more than just being on the computer, its about the life’s we lead away from the internet. Turning off is important, scheduling is important and above all loving life is really and truly the most important.
Slapping up a few pictures with even fewer words isn’t what my blog is about, or it shouldn’t be, it is supposed to be about my life so that may actually mean living that life. Enjoying the moments. So outfit wise I am sharing a few favourite stylings of a cami I love and coincidentally what I wore to the Baby Shower and for my #Letsgorama photoshoot.
My rushed trip to Saint John for the baby shower had me discovering cool new fashion Trucks
and that was all in three days, I am exhausted even remembering what I did, so no surprise I may have missed a day or two on-line. So sometimes when we feel overwhelmed and we think we need a break, remember it’s OK. Live your life and then blog about it.
So my Five top tips for you:
1) Live the life you love- not every moment has to be “shareable” but it should be what you want to be doing. Take a breather, take a break, you will be better for it.
2) Take great pictures- you don’t need a DSLR, your phone is fine but make sure the pictures are clear, dark, fuzzy or blurry do more harm than good. It doesn’t matter it it would have been the best picture, if its not the best don’t put it on your blog.
3) Resize- seriously folks try pic-monkey ( its free). Crop and resize, personally I like 735, you may want something different but please, please stop using tiny pictures.
4) Clean and uncluttered blogs- get rid of the busy backgrounds its far to distracting and a huge turnoff.
5) Social media shares- it really is important. Some people say use them all, others say pick one or two and become the expert. I am going to say use the big ones for sure, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. They are basically a great form of interactive advertising for you to use to generate traffic or attention to your posts. Keep snap chat for fun. ( just my two cents)