Last Updated on 2020-12-14 by Linda
I am sure many of you have seen the posts on Pinterest regarding Oreo Truffles, truly one of the easiest yet most decadent desserts to try. Well today I am offering you a slight twist, a Christmas slant although now with all the flavours that Oreo offers the possibilities are endless….Oreo Candy Cane Truffles (or try my Peanut Butter Truffles)
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divide ( I used the Presidents Choice Christmas blend Oreo style cookies)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into pieces, melted
How to Make Truffles
- Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- MELT CHOCOLATE
- Place chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. or melt over medium heat and add small amount of oil or wax to keep from clumping
- Roll truffles
- To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffles with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place truffles on prepared baking sheet; let stand until firm.