White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 pint whipping cream divided
- 12 oz white chocolate
- In a small sauce pan, heat ½ cup of whipping cream until simmering.
- Place white chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour simmering cream over top of the chocolate and mix until smooth and evenly melted. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the remaining pint (about 1½ cups) into a stand mixer.
- Whisk on high until soft peaks begin to form.
- Carefully fold the cooled white chocolate mixture into the whipping cream.
- ( be very careful with this step, fold in CAREFULLY, my first batch was ruined because I did not follow this and basically added the melted chocolate and still used the mixer, that would be a NO NO)
- Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.