In the continuation of what I like to call “As seen on Facebook” recipe collection today we have another treat. Kent is a huge fan of Rice Krispie treats, I mean totally over the top big fan plus he loves his cheesecake. You can imagine when he spotted this recipe on his feed it instantly got saved. Rice Krispie Marshmallow Cheesecake, how can one go wrong?
As Seen on Facebook- Rice Krispie Marshmallow Cheesecake
Thanks to The Domestic Rebel for her Rice Krispie Treat No Bake Cheesecake recipe. It is a total winner in our household. We were having company for dinner on Saturday so I thought I would test this new recipe. It is simple and easy to make. OK honestly the cheesecake is simple and easy, the Rice Krispie Treat crust, well I am out of practice. I needed some assistance with this part. Holding the bowl, scooping the crust and compacting, well I did not have enough hands
Creating the perfect Rice Krispie Treat Crust
I needed help from Kent getting this from bowl to pan and then compressed quickly in my Spring Form pan ( A necessity for this recipe). Our secret ingredient a water glass and lots of Pam butter cooking spray. Keep spraying the bottoms of the glass to compress the squares. My Cheesecake was not as high as The Domestic Rebel’s. I used a shorter wider pan. Still totally worked and I used the trimmings as toppings. Next time I think adding some toasted mini marshmallows might be cute to try. The Domestic Rebel used already made Rice Krispie Treats on top of her cheesecake. A great hack for sure.
Vanilla Rice Krispie’s
My secret ingredient to make the recipe my own this time, Vanilla Rice Krispie’s. Next time as I said maybe toasted marshmallows and a bit of drizzled chocolate on the top. Adult S’More Pie right? I love finding the perfect recipe and finding ways to amend and adapt don’t you. This one is perfect as-is but also provides a few tasty alternatives as well.
From Freezer to Table top
I let the pie sit in the freezer and FYI this is the perfect summer ice-cream treat. I am adding this recipe to my must make all summer list. Plus I am going to turn the filling into a marshmallow ice-cream, served with strawberries and bananas it will be the perfect poolside treat ( Stay tuned)
The Tasty Recipe you need to pin
Rice Krispie Square Marshmallow Cheesecake
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal I used the Vanilla ones
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 pkg miniature marshmallows
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract I use Mexican Vanilla always
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme/fluff
- 1 8 oz pkg Cool Whip thawed
- Whipped cream
- grease a 9" or 10" springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the Rice Krispies cereal. Set aside momentarily. In a medium saucepan, melt the salted butter and marshmallows together over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and toss until totally combined. Pour the cereal into the prepared pan and, using a greased glass cup, press the cereal mixture into the pan, forming a base and sides. Put aside to set, about 20 minutes. Big tip: I needed help, the marshmallow starts thickening fast and my hands are not big enough. Kent was needed. [mv_img id="33165"]
- While crust sets, make your filling. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the marshmallow creme until smooth. slowly fold in the Cool Whip by hand until combined. [mv_img id="33168"]
- Spread the filling mixture into the crust, smoothing out the top. Garnish with whipped cream piped along the perimeter of the cheesecake and top with stacked prepared & cubed Rice Krispy Treats in the center. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge before cutting into slices. [mv_img id="33170"]