Margarita’s are considered on of the most perfect drinks, in our house. Kent has always been a lover of Tequila and over the past few years we have amassed a collection of world class tequila’s, nothing is to good for my K ( LOL). On a serious note we have collected many fine tequilas and with the love of Margaritas found in this household it was suggested determined that we should find the perfect Margarita. ( and I assure you this has nothing to do with our yearly trips to Mexico)
Ingredients for the Perfect Margarita
1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec ( sub Grand Marnier)
3 ounces fresh-squeezed store bought frozen lime juice ( mixed with water)
2 to 3 ounces simple syrup
Lots of ice (about 1 to 2 cups ice cubes)* must be crushed
Coarse salt, for rimming the glass
Lime slices, garnish
Secret to the Preparation:
Results of Margarita Search
Creating the perfect margarita requires patience and quality ingredients.
- 4 ounces good-quality Tequila must be Herrudura Reposoda
- 1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec sub Grand Marnier
- 3 ounces frozen lime juice mixed with water
- Lots of ice about 1 to 2 cups ice cubes* must be crushed
- Coarse salt for rimming the glass
- Lime slices garnish
- In a blender, combine Tequila, Triple Sec grand marnier, lime juice, sprite/7up/, and ice. Whirl until ice is just crushed and mixture well blended (do not allow the ice to become a puree).
- Serve in Margarita Glasses with coarse salt or Margarita Salt on the rims of the glasses and a lime slice.
To create a salt-rimmed glass, take one of the lemon rinds from above and rub the drinking surface of the glass so it is barely moist. Dip the edge of the glass into salt. Makes 2 to 3 servings.