Last Updated on 2020-10-05 by Linda
Margarita’s are considered on of the most perfect drinks, in our house. Kent has always been a lover of Tequila and over the past few years we have amassed a collection of world class tequila’s, nothing is to good for my K ( LOL). On a serious note we have collected many fine tequilas and with the love of Margaritas found in this household it was suggested determined that we should find the perfect Margarita. ( and I assure you this has nothing to do with our yearly trips to Mexico)
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. What this means is that if you click over to one of the provided links (Amazon) and purchase something, I get a small commission at no added cost to you. Thanks for supporting A Labour of Life!
Ingredients for the Perfect Margarita
1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec ( sub Grand Marnier)
3 ounces fresh-squeezed store bought frozen lime juice ( mixed with water)
2 to 3 ounces simple syrup
Lots of ice (about 1 to 2 cups ice cubes)* must be crushed
Coarse salt, for rimming the glass
Lime slices, garnish
Secret to the Preparation:
Items to Have for your Tasting
Slight update, when we conducted this experiment we used a blender. I have sense purchased a Margaritaville Mixer ( woohoo).
Results of Margarita Search
The Perfect Margarita
- 4 ounces good-quality Tequila must be Herrudura Reposoda
- 1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec sub Grand Marnier
- 3 ounces frozen lime juice mixed with water
- Lots of ice about 1 to 2 cups ice cubes* must be crushed
- Coarse salt for rimming the glass
- Lime slices garnish
- In a blender, combine Tequila, Triple Sec grand marnier, lime juice, sprite/7up/, and ice. Whirl until ice is just crushed and mixture well blended (do not allow the ice to become a puree).
- Serve in Margarita Glasses with coarse salt or Margarita Salt on the rims of the glasses and a lime slice.