How to Make a Veggie Tree
The Finished Veggie Tree Centerpiece
- Pick up a Styrofoam tree from Micheal's or your fav craft store
- one box of toothpicks
- two heads of broccoli and one cauliflower
- coloured baby tomatoes grape, cherry whichever you prefer
- red yellow and orange peppers
- white onions if you can find them
- start adding the broccoli and cauliflower pieces around the bottom
- continue until the tree is completely covered ( you can leave small spaces that will be filled in with the othe veggies)
- Once tree is covered ( I like to add the cauliflower so it looks like garland) start adding the tomatoes. Hint put the toothpick in first and add tomato to the toothpick, far easier on your fingers.
- cut your peppers in long strips and start adding to tree ( cut your yellow star out first)
- The peppers are like bright strands of garland on your Christmas Tree, the tree looks fine without it but its like adding decomesh to your real tree, peppers add the oomph.
Big hint, as the party gets started make sure you take a big piece of broccoli off the tree, that signals to everyone it is not just a decoration. I usually add a few bowls of dips placed around the platter or you can add dips directly to the base of the tree.