No ratings yet
These are very easy and very yummy and make very little mess, now that is what I would refer to as a win-win.
christmas swedish strips, Raspberry cookie
can use shortening but I never do, not for Christmas Baking
Mexican is the best
i use sea salt
Raspberry Jam ( or as much or as little as you need to cover the dough
1)Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
2) add egg, vanilla and salt
3) slowly add flour ( I find it better to add last cup of flour by mixing by hand, just my preference)
4) Place cookie dough on 10 x 15 cookie sheet ( no need to grease but I like to use parchment paper.
press flat to fill pan, bake in oven 12-15 minutes at 350.
5) Get topping ingredients ready
6) Remove cookie paste and let cool for 10 minutes then spread the jam while base is still warm.
sprinkle nuts over jam, sprinkle coconut and then sprinkle icing sugar.
7) Let cool and then cut into strips, 1 inch by 3 inches and enjoy.
note if you prefer to use a 12 x 17 inch pan add:
note if you prefer to use a 12 x 17 inch pan add: 1/3 c butter 1/3 egg 1/3 c sugar 1/3 tsp vanilla 1/3 tsp salt 3/4 c flour
From The Kitchen of A Labour of Life