Happy Friday and I thought I might try something different today. Spring doesn’t want to hit Ottawa and therefore I can not show off my pretty pastel or floral outfits. Instead I thought I would share a fun bring on spring dessert. Want to test out some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Squares instead of glooming over the weather?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Squares
Ok well these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Squares, man that is a mouthful and I am not talking about the taste, For now on we shall be referring to these as CCD’s, way easier for me to type and you know what I am talking about. So CCD’s are tasty and relatively easy to make. Plus who doesn’t love a square with a cookie crust?
This is another of those As Seen on Facebook recipes Kent found. I really think I need to go back and change all the titles of my recipes to ” As seen on Facebook”. I am going to be the flip side of that blogger team, you know the ones that do all those as found or seen on Pinterest? Well I am the “As Seen on Facebook Team”
Kent found the video in his newsfeed and that means, yep, let’s test it out. I think It was Mom’s on Timeout who shared her awesome Video. Thank you Trish and yes Facebook posts really do work and we do find your stuff. Giving credit back Trish created this recipe and we have just borrowed it but I can testify this is real person tested.
Squares for days
I could walk you through the entire process but honestly the pictures are pretty self explanatory. The big hint though is use a 9 inch pan and make sure you line it with parchment paper. Even with my awesome Rae Dunn Cake Pan I wanted/needed to line the pan. Makes the process of square removal so much easier. And that is saying something because my Rae Dunn is the bomb when it comes to baking.
The batter is truly only cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla. So very simple.
The finished Square
I mean are these not amazing? The cheesecake mixed with chocolate chip cookies was simply amazing.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 18 oz roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Spread a little more than half of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and press down firmly creating an even layer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the top of the cookie dough base.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.